Saturday, March 4, 2017

March 3, 2017. Out of the wind

LOCATION:  House-sitting in Davidson, North Carolina on Lake Norman

WEATHER:  A bit blustery.  Sunny, but very windy. Highs in 50s

 

The morning was ruined by a call from Medicare.  I've been trying to resolve an issue with my coverage.  The customer service person finally called back.. I had signed up for EZ Pay in which they deduct my premiums from our checking account.   They didn't deduct the payments due to the balance I started with.  I had been given some misinformation when I called them in December.  I didn't receive any bills. Then suddenly I received  a late notice bill and a termination notice in our February mail packet.  The bureaucrat on the phone would not budge; they terminated my coverage.  I was so frustrated that I started crying.

To calm me down, we decided to go out for lunch.  We went to a nice Japanese restaurant in Davidson.  We split some sushi.  I felt better.  :-) 

After lunch, we stayed indoors because it was windy and cool.  George sat in the easy chair in front of the fireplace.  
  While he read,  Butterscotch the cat jumped up with him to sunbathe.

Not long afterwards, George fell asleep in the sun, too.

Every Friday, we receive an update from our tiny house builder, including the latest photos.  They seem to be working really fast.  They are trying to finish by next week, when we visit there.

DINNER:  As the homeowners will be returning in a few days, I need to use up leftovers.  I made an Italian rice dish, using leftover chicken and steak and a sauce with the sun dried tomato truffle sauce George bought previously.  Very flavorful!  

1 comment:

  1. What's Plan B on Medicare? Do u have to pay up for Obamacare?

    ReplyDelete