Sunday, February 26, 2017

February 25, 2017. Socializing on the lake

LOCATION:  House-sitting in Davidson, North Carolina on Lake Norman

WEATHER:  Windy, but sunny. Highs in 70s

 

We went into the town of Davidson, thinking it was the day for the farmers' market, but it is next Saturday.  We then just walked around and browsed in the shops.  It is a vibrant little town.  Several young families were lined up to eat brunch at a popular downtown restaurant.    

Janet and her partner returned to Winston-Salem.  It was so fun having them here.  Right as they left, a former work colleague arrived for lunch and an afternoon of chatting.  She and I worked together at University Hospital in Augusta, Georgia when we lived there in the 1990s.  For lunch, I made up a tasty salad.  I had some orzo to use up, and a jar of  mufalletta mix I had bought in Louisiana that I wanted to try.  I mixed these up with some feta cheese for a very refreshing summer salad.  

We have a box where we are keeping the homeowners' mail.  The cats love to check it out and make a bed in it.
 

The wind really kicked up and we watched whitecaps on the lake.  

 

We received our weekly update from our tiny house builder with the latest photos.  We plan to go there in mid-March to check it out.
After my friend Susan left, it was very quiet again around the house.  We watched a few of our favorite British shows on PBS with TV dinner trays.  

DINNER:  I found a recipe to use up some of the bits I have in the refrigerator.....a pasta with crispy pieces of sausage.  A sauce with sour cream, garlic, Parmesan and pasta water.  

No comments:

Post a Comment