Wednesday, February 22, 2017

February 21, 2017. Computer day!

 
LOCATION:  House-sitting in Davidson, North Carolina, on Lake Norman

WEATHER:  Partly cloudy.  Highs in 60s

 

George had a follow up eye appointment in the town of Davidson, so I rode with him.  He dropped me off downtown and I walked through the town, and back home (about 1.5 miles) for a bit of exercise.

 

I reallly like college towns.  They are normally small with lots of amenities and character.  Davidson is one of them.  The campus is right downtown and has lots of beautiful old brick buildings.

The little downtown has cute shops and restaurants.

This soda shop is an icon. 

There are a lot of stately homes that are now part of the college.

Back home, George packed up and left for Winston-Salem.  He is going to spend a day or two with his brother and sister, helping them with some "Mr. Fix-it" jobs.    My job this afternoon was to start planning our next leg of travel.  We have 3 housesitting assignments lined up for Europe starting March 23, in Scotland, Italy and France.  We finish this North Carolina housesit March 7 or so, so we have a little gap to fill.  I started looking at the calendar and realized that St. Patrick's Day is coming up.  Why not spend it in Ireland!!!????!!!   First, we will fly down to Texas to check out the progress on our tiny house construction.  We will fly from southern Texas into Shannon, Ireland, one of the least expensive routes.  We found an airbnb near Shannon in the town of Limerick.  Limerick, we learned, has one of Ireland's largest St. Patrick's Day parades.  We will spend a few days there, then take a bus to Northern Ireland to visit.  From there, we will take a ferry across the Irish Sea to Scotland, where we will take the train to Edinburgh.  I'm still researching all of this, and have not bought any tickets yet.  I would love to hear from others about any experiences with this.  

This computer work really takes a lot of time.  Poof....the afternoon was gone.  To relax, I made some chicken soup from the bones of the chicken thighs George grilled the other night.  I had a lot of bits of veg to add.  I cooked the stock for hours so I think it will be tasty when we eat it next week.

 

All alone, I read and watched HGTV.  The cats kept me company.  :-)  

DINNER:  To use up some of last week's leftover grilled salmon, I made a salmon burger with panko.  Not too bad.  

 

   

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment