Tuesday, February 14, 2017

February 13, 2017. Family get-together

LOCATION:  Conch House Marina and Resort in St Augustine, Florida WEATHER:  Picture perfect. Highs in 70s   We started the day at our RV park.  Since we had a few free hours, I went in search of a beauty salon to get a haircut, always a frightening adventure.  I went to 6 salons before I found anyone that could cut my hair, and at that one, I was greeted with a growl saying that it would be a wait.  At last, more shorn than I would have like, I returned to the RV park.  We hurriedly hooked up and drove into town.  

Our destination was to meet my aunt and uncle, and my aunt's sister at the Conch House Marina.  My aunt and uncle are from Grande Prairie, Alberta, and we have visited them there several times.  They are wintering in southern Florida with my aunt's sister.  

 

We had lunch at the marina's lounge, a tiki hut out on the pier.
The views were amazing.
it is a beautiful place.
 

We were able to park the Airstream in the marina's parking lot.  After we got settled, we met the group.  From there, we went OLaughlin's Pub where my brother works.  It is a typical Irish pub with good pub food.  His wife and their daughter joined us.

In this photo are my brother Ken, his wife Kathie, their daughter Bailey, my uncle Leo, and me.

it was great getting together with them.  We haven't seen Bailey for about 2 years, and she has really grown up.  

The theme for the day seemed to be food.  From the pub, we went to a restaurant for dinner.  George and I shared a plate of spicy pasta with seafood.  

No comments:

Post a Comment