Saturday, October 22, 2016

October 21, 2016. Projects and walks in Grande Prairie

LOCATION:  With aunt and uncle in Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada WEATHER: Sunny and warmer. Highs around 40 F   George loves to do projects, so Aunt Martha suggested that he could help by reupholstering the dining room chairs.  We selected fabric in the fabric shop, then George went to work.  
The finished product looks great!  
Mid-project, we had to go to town to buy more stapes for the staple gun.  We went to the UFA (United Farmers of Alberta) store.  I have never been in a store where I recognized so few items.  My aunt Martha explained some to me.....tags for the cows' ears, needles for vitamin vaccines, liquids to sprinkle on the cows to protect them from flies and mosquitos, and lots of very heavy looking overalls and coats. Grande Prairie still has a little Wild Wild West feeling.  Almost everyone drives a huge pick-up. This one was in the UFA parking lot.  They are all quite dirty from the muddy snow melt.  
 I took a walk around the area.  Since it was warmer, the snow was melting and it was quite muddy.  I mostly stayed on the sidewalks of a nearby subdivision.  Some of the houses have up to 6 garages!    
Kids had found enough snow to make snowmen already...  
This is my aunt and uncle's nice farmhouse.
 
 
DINNER:  Taking advantage of the warmer, sunny day, George grilled porkloins on the BBQ.  I did a vegetable stir-fry.  

No comments:

Post a Comment