Saturday, October 15, 2016

October 14, 2016. Getting together with old friends

LOCATION:  Rochester, MN
WEATHER:  Cool and sunny. Highs in 50s

George and I walked to our favorite shoe store in town to do our annual shopping.  When traveling, shoes are so heavy that I limit myself to one pair of tennis shoes and one pair of sandals.  My favorites are Nikes.  I buy the same style every year, as I can count on comfort.  However, I wish Nike would tone down the bright neon!

We worked on our next leg of travel plans.  We will drive up to Minneapolis next Tuesday and visit my brother and his wife.  From there, we will fly up to Grande Prairie, Alberta to visit my aunt and uncle.  Then, we reserved a train ride across the Rockies from Edmonton to Vancouver, gradually heading toward Portland, Oregon, our November housesitting assignment.

We met our daughter for lunch at another new, swanky restaurant in Rochester.


Then in the evening, we had a drop-in at a pub located near where we used to live called Whistle Binkies.    Several former neighbors, work colleagues, and other friends stopped by.  How fun!


We later had dinner at yet another new restaurant, a hamburger joint, and planned tomorrow's activities.  

No comments:

Post a Comment