Tuesday, October 11, 2016

October 10, 2016. Back in Rochester, Minnesota!

IHHLOCATION:  Rochester, Minnesota
WEATHER:  Gorgeous sunny fall day. High about 70

We are back in Rochester, our last place of residence.  We lived here from 2000-2013.  Rochester is the best place we've ever lived, and Mayo Clinic was my favorite employer.

 
Mayo is America's largest non-profit healthcare organization, and won America's "Best hospital in the USA" designation.

We are here for Mayo Clinic annual checkups and to see our daughter and friends.  

We had appointments and blood work in the morning.  No more fasting!  

Mayo always does a very  nice job with seasonal landscaping.  


I had lunch with a former colleague who has just got into camping, too.  Great to compare notes.  Rochester has really grown in the last year, and I hardly recognized some sections of town.


Alexis took us shopping in her favorite charity shop.  I bought some new (used) clothes so I can toss some of my stained clothing that I've been wearing the last 8 months.  Everything was ridiculously cheap, plus they were having a 50% off sale.  What a bargain!


We went to one of my favorite Rochester restaurants, the Redwood Room for dinner.  Great food and service, and lovely to listen to the 2 guitarist/singers.  






No comments:

Post a Comment