Friday, October 14, 2016

October 13, 2016. Walking Rochester

LOCATION:  Rochester, MN
WEATHER:  Frost on the pumpkins!  Cold in the morning, sunny. Highs in 50s

Today consisted of 3 long walks, totalling about 7 miles.  First I walked to the dentist.  Clean bill of health there, too.  Then, a stop in a coffee shop to kill time before an afternoon beauty shop appointment.  Hurray!  A haircut by my favorite hairdresser.  Then another hike via downtown back home.  On my way, I passed many beautiful trees....



People don't walk as much in the USA as in other countries, so people kept asking me if I wanted to catch a ride with them.  But, I enjoy walking, especially in crisp weather like today.

The Zumbro River flows through Rochester.  We think outdoor cafes should locate near the river.  

 
Back home, we invited a friend over for dinner, and sat outside in front of the firepit and and BBQ grill.

DINNER:  Grilled chicken and turkey thighs.  Pasta salad with artichokes, capers and peas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment