Wednesday, November 23, 2016

November 22, 2016. Book day

LOCATION:  House-sitting in Portland, Oregon WEATHER:  Rain most of the day.  Highs in 40s   I started preparations for Thanksgiving dinner by making a cranberry relish.  It needs to marinate a few days, to let the Grand Marnier soak in.  I think it will be good! I had checked out some books from the library here, so spent the afternoon contentedly reading an entire book!  
This is a new author for me.  Pretty light but full of characters.  It is about a woman who likes to cook, and features the stories of the students who come to her restaurant for cooking classes.     Lola is a great lap warmer!  She likes this corner of the couch, too.  
We have not had a telephone for 11 months, having left an inexpensive one behind in the trailer when we started this leg of the trip.  We disagree on this expenditure, but George thinks we need a phone.  So, he ordered a Trac Phone on line.  It arrived today and he spent the day playiang with it.   DINNER:  As I travel and find interesting-looking recipes in magazines, I take a picture on the ipad so that I don't have to carry paper around.  This was from one of the Real Simple magazines.  I made it tonight, and it turned out really well.    

No comments:

Post a Comment