Wednesday, June 28, 2017

June 27, 2017. Walla Walla -"A Town So Nice, They Named it Twice"

LOCATION:  House-sitting in Walla Walla, Washington

WEATHER:  Cooler.  Highs in 80s

 

When Genji (our dog) and I went for our morning walk, we had to step over limbs that had fallen from trees in yesterday's storm.  This was the photo from the newspaper reporting the storm...

We even saw one tree that had fallen on a car.

I walked downtown, just a short ten blocks or so, to do some clothes shopping.  I'm in desparate need of shorts.  I got several good deals.  Yay! 

 

We drove to Oregon today (only 10 miles) to go to an RV accessory shop as George was looking for a part.  They didn't have what he was looking for, but the drive was interesting, through lots of vineyards and orchards.

 

I found Walla Walla's event calendar online and we are trying to attend some of the many events that are held each day.  Today was a Pride Month celebration in a Thai restaurant.  Located downtown, we strolled there in the evening.  It was very pleasant.  They were selling a beer from Seattle that was created especially for Pride Month.

They also served complimentary appetizers.  We had a spring roll - to prepare us for our upcoming trip!

DINNER:  I am trying to use up all the perishable foods before our trip to Thailand.  Our chef daughter from Michigan had made up some pre-packaged food as a business attempt. I grabbed a few packages while I was visiting her last month.  This one is an Indian split pea salad dish.  To the peas, I added lemon juice, ghee, onions, tomatoes and cilantro.  I don't know if I did something wrong, but it was a bit strange.  

No comments:

Post a Comment