Thursday, June 15, 2017

June 13, 2017. 30-day Tiny House Inspection

LOCATION:  In our tiny house in Mission, Texas
 
WEATHER:  Hot again.  High 100+
 
Today was our 30-day house inspection with an opportunity for us to have the builder fix things that we have noticed while living here.  George has quite the list.  Nothing is major, mostly paint touch-ups, change out a light switch, patch nail holes, etc.  This meant, though, that we had to stick around most of the day.  Some of the tradesmen don't speak English, so I translated for George.  
 
I went to the City of Mission office to put our water and sewer on "vacation mode" which will save us some money.
 
Then, to the swimming pool.  There was supposed to be a water aerobics class, but no one else came.  So, I invented my own water exercises and had some fun.
 
In the afternoon, I used the clubhouse internet to plot out our trip to Washington.  We hope to drive two long days the first two days, in order to find some cool weather.  Then, we can slow it down a bit.  
 
This is our tentative route this summer:  Walla Walla, Washington, then Bangkok, then Boise, and British Columbia.  
 
I am such a wimp in this hot weather.  I mostly stay indoors.  I feel so bad for the workers.  They are busily building new tiny homes all around us.  When I left Mission ten days ago, the lot in front of our house looked like this.  
Now, it is almost complete.  I watched plumbers and electricians come and go today, as they are finishing up.  Amazing!  
 
In the evening, when it was a bit cooler, we started packing up the Airstream.  We will finish off in the morning.
 
DINNER:  We grilled the whiting that George caught at South Padre Island.  I was imagining some large "trophy" fish, but this is what he caught.....  Along with the fish, we had cool Japanese soba noodles and stir-fried broccoli and onions.  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment