Tuesday, June 27, 2017

June 26, 2017. Relaxing in Wallla Walla

LOCATION:  Housesitting in Walla Walla, Washington  

WEATHER:  Hot and sunny in the AM.  High about 95; Cooler and stormy in the PM

We are in a routine now with the dog that we are watching.  I do the morning walk and George does the evening one.  Each time, we go on a different route so that I can look at the beautiful historic houses.

 
Today was another very hot day so we spent most of the time indoors, reading. The homeowners have lots of good books.  I read this one that I would strongly recommend....      
 
The homeowner is also a gourmet cook and has hundreds of cookbooks that are fun to peruse.      
 
In the afternoon, a storm blew through.  Genji, our dog, got a little frightened, and asked, by pawing, that I pet and reassure him.  Very cute.
 
One of the best things about housesitting is befriending homeowners from all over the world. Today, I saw on Facebook that our homeowner in Brittany, France posted pictures of her first tomatoes of the year.  I replied, asking her if they were the same tomatoes that George and I had planted for her in April.  She said yes, thanked us, and then went on to say that they named their new 2 lambs Karmen and George.  I can't believe it!  What an honor!!!  How funny!  This is Karmen....
And here is George...
 
 
In the early evening, we went into downtown Walla Walla, about 10 blocks away, to a restaurant that has an excellent value happy hour.  George had an IPA from a Walla Walla brewery and I had their house wine, both about half price.  The menu looks very interesting - a farm-to-table type place with locally sourced foods.        
 
DINNER:  Spaghetti using a leftover brat, onions, and peppers.  The homeowners encouraged us to eat their different varieties of lettuce before they bolt, so we are enjoying lots of greens.        
 

No comments:

Post a Comment