Thursday, May 11, 2017

May 11, 2017. Egg-selling day

LOCATION:  Housesitting outside of Poullouen, Brittany, France

WEATHER:  Rainy and cold. Highs in 50s

 

We didn't mind the nasty weather today as we planned to stay indoors and serve our Thursday egg-buying customers.  They are all Brits, friends of our homeowner. It was nice having them stop by to share a coffee.  I've been curious about why they decide to retire here.  From what I can gather, it is cheaper here than England, especially land and housing. Also, Brittany is fairly close to England.  The ferry is about an hour away, and the ferry takes about an hour to get to Plymouth, England.  So for those with continued ties to England, this is convenient.  

For lunch, I opened a can of fish soup I had bought in a Brittany souvenir store.  It was very tasty --- and today was a good day for soup.

 

Between rain showers, we checked on everything outside.  I think this might be a type of azalea that just bloomed.

In the afternoon, I turned on the heater in the kitchen.  Kitty Grey, the cat, liked the warmth, too....

I spent most of the day reading --- finished an entire book!!  George has discovered some history shows on TV so watched shows about the French Revolution, Napolean, and The Plague.

 

DINNER:  Leftover coq au vin over potatoes.  We leave in two days so I need to use up all the food we have bought.  

No comments:

Post a Comment